First set up

About OPENBOX V8S pictures, software, upgrades, tutorials, any technology and the use of the problem
bibitodeschini

First set up

Post by bibitodeschini » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Hey guys!
My V8S just arrived. I'm on South America (Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) and I'm a little lost on how to set up my decoder.

I have two satellites that I used on Gigabox S1000, so I've put the LNB1 cable on LNB in and the LNB2 cable on Loop.
I've upgraded by network and all, and searched channels using K_StarOne and SES 4 satellites. Found a few channels but the screen only shows "Scrambled" and the channels are with $ signal. I've read here that this means I'm decrypted..

So, what is my best option? Sign a CCcam? Or point my antenna to another satellite?

Iknowjack

Re: First set up

Post by Iknowjack » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am

Hi, yes $ does mean the channel is encrypted.
You can scan satellites excluding scrambled channels. This is the best way if you don't want to pay to view.

Go to the website https://en.kingofsat.net to find out what channels you want to see, on what satellites.
If you can't receive channels that should be there, or only receive some and missing others, then you may be better off with a bigger dish, lnb, or better receiver.
Play around with what you have first as it may be that your dish is very slightly unaligned.

The LNB works on 13 to 18volts, I know from owning three Openbox's it's pot luck on what receiver kicks out what voltage. Mine are between 10 to 12 volts max.

Best of luck.

bibitodeschini

Re: First set up

Post by bibitodeschini » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I'll see what I can do next ;)

I read that the HD channels are blocked in Brazil but the SD channels are ok for now.